- The healthful antioxidant substances in olive oil which aid in slowing down the natural oxidative processes.
- Phenolic content decreases over time or when exposed to heat, oxygen or light and is an indicator of freshness.
- Polyphenols in extra virgin olive oil are connected with peppery bitterness and other desirable flavour characteristics.
- Consuming fresh, well made olive oil with high polyphenol content is crucial when looking to obtain the maximum health benefit commonly associated with extra virgin olive oil.
Boone Olive Oil Co. Ultra Premium™ : ≥ 130
- International Olive Oil Council : N/A
- USDA : N/A
- California Olive Oil Council : N/A
- Australian Standards : N/A